Liberty Union FFA Chapter
- Thank you to those who came out and supported our 3rd Annual Tractor Drive. We will be donating the money to a local family in need!
- Our chapter had the privilege to award 60 Ag 1 members with their Greenhand FFA Degree on December 14th.
- Congrats to our November Member of the Month, Mya Gorsuch!
- Our next meeting will be January 18th at 6 p.m.
- If you are interested in getting your State Degree this year and have met all minimum requirements please see Mr. Turner or Mr. Thomas.
- Our next meeting will be held in the cafeteria on January 18th at 6 p.m.
CDE's and SAE's
- Our fall CDE's include Urban and Rural Soils as well as Forestry.
- Our Forestry team took 2nd at the State Competition and will compete at the Big E next fall! Alex Gibbs individually placed 1st in the state at the competition!
- Our Rural Soils team placed 11th at the District competition! Our Urban Soils team placed 11th as well at the District Competition!
- Ethan Kaper recieved a gold rating and placed 2nd Overall at the Big E Exposition with his Agriscience Fair Project!
- Ethan also recieved 1st place in the nation with his agriscience fair project when he competed at the national competition at Convention!
- Our Winter CDE's include Parlimentary Procedure, Public Speaking, and Job Interview.
- Jamie Walter took 1st place in the senior division Job Interview district competition, and she took 10th at the state competition. Justin Needs was our Junior Job Interview contestant and he took 2nd at the district competition. Skylar Bader was our sophomore contestant and she took 1st at the District Competition and 4th at States. Josie Howell was our freshman contestant and she took 9th at the district competition.
- Both our Parlimentary Procedure Team and our Novice Parlimentary Procedure Team took 4th at the district competition.
2016-2017 FFA Calendar
July 7th: Float Building (5:00-8:00)
July 12th: Land Lab Cleanup (5:00-8:00)
July 14th: Float Building (5:00-8:00)
July 21st: Float Building (5:00-8:00)
July 26th: Land Lab Cleanup (5:00-8:00)
August 4th: Ohio State Fair Beef and Pork Stand (Leave High School at 12:30)
August 6th: Baltimore Festival Parade (Meet at Ag Shop at 10 A.M.)
August 20th: Antique Tractor Club at Alley Park (7:00 A.M)
August 24th: Night Games at the Land Lab Shelter House (7:00 P.M)
August 31st: Sweet Corn Festival Parade (Meet at 5:30)
September 16th: Chicken BBQ in High School Cafeteria (4:00-7:00 P.M)
September 20th: Farm Science Review
September 21st: FFA Meeting in High School Cafeteria (6:00 P.M)
October 7th: Fair Booth Setup
October 9th-15th: Fairfield County Fair
October 19th-21st: National FFA Convention Trip (Indianapolis, Indiana)
October 26th: FFA Meeting (6:00 P.M)
November 16th: FFA Meeting (6:00 P.M)
November 26th: FFA Tractor Drive at Middle School
December 14th: Greenhand Ceremony and FFA Meeting (6:00 P.M)
January 18th: FFA Meeting (6:00 P.M)
February 18th-25th: FFA Week
February 22nd: FFA Meeting (6:00 P.M)
March 23rd: FFA Banquet
May 4th-5th: State FFA Convention