We Are Growing
The administrative team at Liberty Union-Thurston Schools spends time reflecting on previous school years. There have been several changes, both in the education world and internally here at LU-T. Higher educational standards and expectations for students… new state tests… the rush of technology… new staff members… it has been a whirlwind. But, one theme that kept coming about during our reflection, was that of growth. Here are some highlights of growth that Liberty Union Schools have experienced in recent years.
- In the past three years, we have added approximately 1000 electronic devices for student instructional use! Currently, we are a 1 to 1 district.
- We created a county-wide professional development day in which over 650 teachers come together to collaborate and grow as professionals.
- Last year we made student achievement increases in 15 of the 23 state tested areas. Details…
- ELA increased in grades 4, 5, 9, and 10
- Math increased in grades 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9
- HS level Algebra increased by 27% over last year
- Since 2015, we have had nine teachers complete a 4-year Resident Educator Program to become teachers who are well versed in lesson design, assessment, and data analysis.
- We adopted new curriculum resources in the content areas of ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and CTE.
- Over 30% of our teachers have completed training in project based learning.
- We expanded gifted services down into the elementary school and up into the high school based off an already strong middle school offering.
These are just a few examples of how LU-T is growing… academically, instructionally, and technologically. We still have work to do, but we are continuing to strive for excellence through growth.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding LU-T Curriculum, please contact me directly (Jennifer Blackstone: 740-862-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org)