Liberty Union-Thurston Local School District has developed the following district goals in order to fulfill our mission and vision as well as align our core values.
MISSION: Empowering all students to maximize their talents.
VISION: Preparing every student to be successful in the 21st century.
- Collaborative Leadership
- Innovative Excellence
- Student Achievement
- Responsible Citizenship
- Safe and Productive Learning Organization
- All students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or better, in English Language Arts.
- All students will reach high standards, at a minimum attaining proficiency or better, in Math.
- All students will be taught by properly licensed, highly effective teachers that have both content area knowledge as well as effective instructional strategies in order to meet the needs of all students. Students will have equal access to attend schools with highly effective principals. All students will have Equitable Access to excellent educators (Teachers/Principals).
- All students will have access to mental health supports and counseling services.
Some of the specific strategies within our core values that Liberty Union Schools will implement to achieve our goals include:
- Completion of classroom walk-thrus for fidelity check of curriculum implementation
- Creation of the Leader in Me Leadership Notebooks for all elementary school students and teachers
- Implementation of a data software management system (DataMap)
- Enhancement of the philosophy of Think Technology First, Google First
- Increasing effective teaching practices of instructional staff so that all teachers will learn at least three new effective teaching strategies during the school year
- Targeting professional development: PBL, Data Analysis, Assessment, Blended Learning, Co-Teaching/Inclusion, Writing Across the Curriculum/Rubrics, Rigor in Questioning, Close Reading, Vertical Alignment
- Development of K-12 Scope and Sequence for Math
- Achievement of 100% of elementary school students' stretch growth goals on iReady reading and math
- Increasing teachers’ use of Dianne McCune’s instructional strategies in the classroom
- Increasing the vocabulary and writing levels of all students in the high school
- Increasing the reading and vocabulary levels of all students in the middle school
- Identifying students who are below two grade levels or more in reading and/or phonological awareness and providing support
- Increasing the interventions needed for students who are struggling with math concepts
- Creatation of a meaningful transition for all students at Liberty Union High School
- Tracking of elementary school students' personal goals that are in alignment with building goals
Safe and Productive Learning Organization
- Establishing routines around education, counseling, and reporting of harassment, intimidation, and bullying at High School