Registration of NEW Kindergarten students for the 2020-2021 school year for the Liberty Union-Thurston School District will begin as soon as the social distancing orders are dismissed.
In the meantime, Mrs. Rainey and Mrs. Wade are beginning to collect information about our future students and their parents/legal guardians. Please copy and paste this link to access a form to fill out regarding your future kindergarten student.
Also, it is important for all families of new kindergartners to "choose a time" for kindergarten screening using the Sign-Up Genius app. You can access this app by clicking on the link below. (Kindergarten Screening Sign-Up.) The dates listed on the Sign-up Genius are tentative (depending upon COVID19); however, we will honor the times when we schedule 2 days in the future.
While the dates are still undetermined, it is possible the times might still work when new dates can be established.
PLEASE DON'T WORRY IF YOU THINK THE NEW DATES OR TIMES MIGHT NOT WORK FOR YOU.
We will absolutely work around that when the time comes.
Kindergarten Screening Appointments
Be sure to read all of the information so you can know the most up-to-date information about the registration process.
- All kindergarten students will be registered when they attend a screening appointment. This date is yet to be determined. To sign up for an appointment, please scroll up and click on the link above. PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHETHER THE NEW TIMES WILL WORK WITH YOUR SCHEDULE. We will work around any conflicts. By signing up, you are providing us with important contact information that will allow us to plan for next school year.
- Your child MUST be 5 years old on or before August 1, 2020 to attend school.
- Here is the Sign Up Genius link to Kindergarten Screening Appointment
Forms necessary for registration will be available at the screening appointment. The following items are also required at the time of screening appointment:
(Copies will be made during the appointment.)
1. the child's birth certificate
2. parent/legal guardian's photo ID (driver's license or state issued ID)
3. the child's social security card
4. proof of residence (a current utility bill showing name and address, signed rental lease or pay stub showing name and address)
5. court custody records, Grandparent Power of Attorney or other custody documents
All parents/guardians will need to be present at this appointment to fill out forms and provide the necessary documentation including your driver's license.
At this appointment, you will complete registration paperwork while your child is being screened by the kindergarten teachers.
Please call or email Mrs. Wade, our building secretary, at 740-862-4143 or email@example.com with any questions.