Registration of NEW Kindergarten students for the 2020-2021 school year has been planned for the Liberty Union-Thurston School District. On March 18, 2020, a meeting will be held for parents of children who will be entering kindergarten this fall. The child MUST be 5 years old on or before August 1, 2020 to attend school. The purpose of the meeting is to orient parents to the kindergarten curriculum and to give some information about helping their child to become ready for school. The meeting will be held in the multi-purpose room of the elementary school starting at 6:30 pm. Parents/legal guardians should plan to attend this meeting. To help everyone's participation, we suggest that no children attend this meeting.
Forms necessary for registration will be available at the parent meeting. At this time, parents will also be scheduled for a screening appointment for either April 27 or 28. Registration paperwork can also be picked up at the elementary office after the March 18 meeting.
The following items are also required at the time of registration:
1. the child's birth certificate;
2. parent/legal guardian's photo ID (driver's license or state issued ID);
3. the child's social security card;
4. proof of residence (a current utility bill showing name and address, signed rental lease or pay stub showing name and address);
5. court custody records, Grandparent Power of Attorney or other custody documents.
For your convenience, these copies can be made at the school. Please call the school office at 740.862.4143 if you need more information.