Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
Village Pharmacy is a privately-owned in the town of Baltimore, located at the corner of State Routes 256 and 158. We proudly serve our community and appreciate the support of our local business. It is our privilege to bring the current vaccination requirements to your attention.
The Ohio Department of Health requires all students entering the 7th and 12th grades in the 2017-2018 school year to be vaccinated.
The required vaccinations are as follows:
- Students entering 7th grade will need:
- One initial meningococcal vaccine (Meningitis).
- One tetanus/Tdap vaccine (Tetanus, or combination vaccine with Tetanus, Diptheria, and Pertussis).
- Students entering 12th grade will need:
- Second dose of meningococcal vaccine (must be administered on or after the 16th birthday).
***If the first meningococcal vaccine was after his/her 15th birthday, a second dose is not required.***
- Students entering the 11th grade:
- Second dose of meningococcal vaccine will be required next year. If over the age of 16, those students can receive their vaccination now.
We accept most commercial insurance plans and would be happy to assist you with the vaccination process. Our trained pharmacists are able to administer vaccines to students ages 13 and older with no prescription necessary. Students 8-12 years of age require a prescription from their physician. All vaccines listed above are available to be administered by our licensed pharmacists during regular business hours, with no appointment necessary:
- Monday-Friday: 9 am-7pm
- Saturday: 9am-1pm
Thank you and we hope to see you and your family soon,
The Village Medicine Shoppe Staff