LIBERTY UNION ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND NOMINATION PROCESS:
Athletic candidate being considered must be a graduate of Liberty Union High School, out of school for a period of five years. Candidates from all sports will be considered. Candidates who are not Liberty Union High School graduates may be considered under special circumstances (Coaches, supports staff etc).
Because of the subjective nature of evaluating achievements of athletes, there will be no specific criteria for selection to the Hall of Fame. The committee is given broad discretion in its selections; however, the major factors to be considered are as follows:
1. The candidate’s overall point contribution to the Liberty Union Athletic Program. Special consideration is given to athletes graduating prior to current awards levels. The candidate(s) should have earned all district level recognition or equivalent recognition.
2. The candidate’s achievements following graduation from high school may be included, but are not a focus of selection. The candidate is a positive role model in the community and must be of good character.
Names will be submitted through the Athletic Director and a full report consisting of names, sports participated in, character references, and all other pertinent information shall be included. The candidate or designee must submit his/her information to the Athletic Director in a timely manner.
The committee shall review each candidate and select those names to be added to the “Active Candidates” list. From this list of active candidates, the Hall of Fame selection committee shall select the Hall of Fame inductee(s) each year. The “Active Candidate” list will be maintained by the Athletic Director. Thus, candidates who are added each year to the list will be kept for consideration in future years.
By a majority vote of the selection committee, a Hall of Fame member may be removed from the Liberty Union High School Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame members must always serve as a role model to the student body.
SELECTION COMMITTEE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selection committee shall consist of the administrators, staff members, Hall of Fame members, and community members whose responsibility shall be the following:
1. Secure names and appropriate information regarding those to be considered as candidates.
2. Meet to review potential Hall of Fame candidates.
3. Select those to be inducted into the Hall of Fame based upon the criteria outlined.